I am so thrilled and incredibly happy to have walked in the grand entry at Chapleau High School’s Mini Powwow as Miss North Ontario! Since they considered me as royalty, I had the honor to lead the head dancers around the powwow ground as I followed the flag carriers. I am so happy that the first event I attended as Miss North Ontario 2017 was an event that pulled my community together in a way that involved my culture. I am a proud anishinaabe women from Chapleau Cree First Nation and I believe that everyone should respect others and expect one and others cultures, that is why I was so happy to be involved in the powwow because it represents everything I believe in as a First Nations women.
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.