Food is fuel is an age old saying we’ve all heard once or twice. I always took it with a grain of salt, never really listening when it was said. However, since starting to compete in pageants I’ve realized how important nutritious food is. Pageants can be hectic, with little to no planned meal times. This means that you can go a very long time without having a break to eat. This is why I am so grateful to Clean Meals for supplying me and the other Miss Teenage Canada delegates with pre made lunches and dinners. Having a nutritious and healthy meal ready for me in my room is so nice. It helped lower my stress and keep me going. Being a vegetarian, I wasn’t sure if there would be any food for me. Boy was I wrong. There were so many vegetarian and vegan options it was hard to choose only two. There was rice, potatoes, veggies, tofu, even a veggie patty. It was so nice to have a pre made vegetarian meal that wasn’t just some steamed vegetables, but protein that could keep me sustained. Today was a busy day. We had our photo shoot, video shoot and interview. It was so busy I probably wouldn’t have eaten all day if there hadn’t been ready meals in the fridge. I ate my first pack at 3 and wasn’t hungry until after we got back to our room and got ready for the night. After this week, when someone says food is fuel, I think I might just listen to them. If you’re someone on the go and want to stay healthy and sustained, I would recommend giving Clean Meals a try. https://cleanmeals.ca/
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.